Monday, December 8, 2008

Do You Ear What I Ear?

Well, the adventures of new parenting continued last week. When I picked Hayden up from daycare on Thursday he just didn't look quite rite... and sure enough by late night he was running a fever - which resulted in my first panicked call to the pediatrician after hours. After the doctor calmed me down we got Hayden taken care of for the night and we all managed a fitful nights sleep. Needless to say, Hayden and I stayed home and headed over to the pediatrician on Friday. We ended up with Hayden's first ear infection. Luckily by Saturday morning Hayden was almost back to normal!! YEA! Crisis averted!


Earlier last week, we had our first 'cold' front here in Texas that required some bundling up in the morning when Hayden was headed to day care... Couldn't resist taking the picture - though I don't think Hayden was as amused as I was!


Then on Sunday with Hayden feeling much better, we ventured out to buy our Christmas tree. Hayden had a great time! He thought the trees were just way too fun!
It was then time to bring the tree home and start decorating!! Hayden had a great time getting into the spirit of the holiday (ok, by getting into the spirit of the holiday, I really mean he had to put up with mom and dad's crazy antics!) The poor kid is doomed!

5 comments:

M and M said...

Sorry to hear Hayden wasn't feeling well. Looks like he got better quickly! Love the pics, especially the one with the reindeer antlers :)

M and M said...

Great picture of Hayden and Mom and I love Santa's newest reindeer. Yes, the poor kid is doomed, but the dogs are breathing a sigh of relief that you have someone else to "torment." Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad Hayden is feeling better. Love the pictures. Pam

MeMe in Paradise! said...

Love the winter hat picture - that is my favorite - such concentration - like he is planning his retaliation - very deep thought grasshopper!

Love ya
Grandma Karen

Shea said...

Ok..I feel your pain on the ear infection thing! Isaac had one so bad last week his ear actually started leaking fluid.I won't go into detail, but EWWWWW!

Love the pictures of Hayden!