After a wonderful Christmas holiday with loads of new toys for Hayden, our house was quickly transformed from a semi-adult inhabitable dwelling, to a dwelling only suitable for someone under the age of three.
We wanted to try to reclaim at least some of our former living space. Ray and I met, planned and "strategized" our next move.... We decided that we must offer up a sacrifice to the Gods of Chaos in order for our plan to work. After much deliberation we decided the sacrifice would be the formal dining room.
So in a flurry of moving furniture and toys and other stuff, we converted the formal dining room into the office/baby/chaos room. Our dinning room is now the former breakfast area. The really cool part about it though is since the new dinning room is smaller we HAD to buy a new table - bummer (NOT!) Here are some pictures of the areas. We still have some major decorating to do, but we at least have been successful in gaining back our living room (well, mostly anyway!)
And here is the office/baby/homage to chaos room:
We made another trip to 6-Flags for Holiday in the Park, courtesy of Ray's work. Hayden really enjoyed this trip, he rode the Merry-Go-Round for the first time and REALLY liked that.
He was also able to sample his first amusement park food in the form of a giant soft pretzel.
We rode the train and were treated to an 'antique' car ride by Great Papa (he's a CRAZY driver!)
But unfortunately, the holidays are now over and its back to the real world and having to work for a living!!









7 comments:
Keep in mind that until Hayden grows up and goes away to College, change will be a constant. This was only step 1 :)
Noticed that Hayden was actually chowing down on his pretzel, while you were faking eating it.
Way to funny!!!! When Ray & Lee J came along Lee & I emptied our dining room and made it their play room!!! What a hoot!
Where did Tauney & Remmie's bowls go????? Love the eating area! Looks great guys.
Love ya
Grandma Karen
Love the table, a much better fit! Perfect height for T and R to go table surfing!
Love you!
G
WHAT?!? There will be more change? WTF?
I swear I really did eat the pretzel!
We are moving the dog bowels in and out of the garage - a pain, but it does look nicer :-)
I am seriously in LOVE with your new table. Really. I mean, could it possibly be shipped to..... O.k., a little too crazy.
I am in sincere admiration at how you have an area in which to contain the chaos! Of course, containment abilities change as Hayden's mobility changes, but you know that. Trent swears that we have to have a basement or playroom of some kind in our next place. It drives him nuts that there are always toys and such all over the living room.
I laughed through your entire post! I LOVE it...haha! We lived in a small townhouse while trying to do the same thing. Your is WAY more organized! Wait until you have to full out baby proof! We owned so many gates it was scary :)
Love the new table!
Love the new dining table, but dream on if you think you'll be able to contain the chaos. I agree with Tiff, that walking and having 2 hands to carry things will defeat your best-laid plans.
Love the picture of Ray's smile and Hayden on the Merry-Go-Round. Their smiles look so much alike! And the same for the pretzel picture. Your eyes and Hayden's look alike! Cool the way you both have the same pose too. Love, Muriel
Post a Comment