We all played hooky from work and school and went to the zoo on Friday. Hayden had such a great time! I think his favorite animals were the elephants. He just pointed and looked at us like "What are those?" The elephants were putting on a good show for him and were kicking some big balls around. We had a great time.

Here are his new friends the kangaroos and the parakeets.


Then on Saturday we had Hayden's First Birthday Party. What a great turn out! Many thanks to all of our friends who came out to celebrate with us.
I don't know why, but I decided to bake Hayden's cake, I'm not sure I'll be doing that again! But I do think it turned out pretty well.

Hayden seemed to enjoy his smash cake - he had blue frosting EVERYWHERE! Thank goodness for the dogs - they did a great job helping us clean up.


After the cake it was present time!
Here are Hayden and Kyle checking out the cool Tickle Me Elmo.

The cool new 'CD' player.

The vibrating cow was a big hit!

Back to the Tickle Me Elmo.

Our friends Alan and Susan - yes, Alan has on Hayden's hat!

AND.... at the end of the day, we had one VERY tired Hayden!

I'll try to get some video up later this week of Hayden playing with his awesome new basketball set - he's a slam dunker!

6 comments:
Great pictures!
Love the cake..you did an awesome job! I do not have the patience for that one =)
I LOVE that cake. So great. I love how happy he is.
Happy Birthday and great cake smashing!
Way cool - lots of good pics - is that Hayden's hat from his birth pictures in the hospital that Alan has doned???? Can't wait for the beach Birthday party!
Love
MeMe
Thanks for the comments on the cake, it turned out better than I had hoped! Hayden had a BLAST! He couldn't figure out why everyone was staring at him! And YES that is the hat from Hayden's birth pictures :-)
Loved the pictures! Looks like Hayden had a very special day indeed. I can tell you don't get your cake-baking genes from me, Shannon! And oh, by the way, did you save us a piece? ;-) Love, Grammy
Great pics! Love the Safari Hat, how appropriate at the zoo ;-) Awesome job on the cake!
Post a Comment